Schedule of key dates
January & February
Call for applications announced
Applicants notified of results of review
First payment upon receipt of invoice
Organisations eligible to apply for SIF funding include:
- non-profit organisations – including registered charities or incorporated associations
- private enterprise businesses
- local and State government bodies
- non-departmental government agencies – including tertiary education institutions, land councils
- Regional Development Australia Boards and Landscape (Natural Resource Management ) Boards
- research organisations
All organisations must have an ABN or an ACN to apply for funding. Organisations that are not incorporated under state or Commonwealth legislation may submit an application sponsored by an eligible organisation. In this situation, the sponsoring organisation becomes the applicant.
The SIF is open to receive applications, subject to the availability of funds each financial year.
The availability of funds will be determined by the SIF Board based on the available balance of the Fund.
The Sheep Industry Fund Board will make final recommendations to the Minister regarding how the Sheep Industry Fund is applied. The SIF Board will assess applications to the Fund in line with the schedule of key dates below.
The SIF Board will assess funding proposals against the following criteria:
- benefit to the SA sheep industry
- direct benefit to fund contributors (sheep producers)
- alignment with Sheep Industry Fund investment priorities outlined in this plan
- alignment and collaboration with other state and national sheep industry priorities and programs ensuring no duplication of investment
- support from industry stakeholders
- value for money (cost of the program compared to the outcomes it will deliver)
- leverage of South Australian funds
- innovation in program delivery
- for ongoing programs, previous program performance and achievement of outcomes
- the organisation’s capability and capacity to undertake the program, including:
- demonstrated project management experience
- evidence of a project plan, including a communication plan and risk management plan
- identification of measures of success and a plan to report on them.
Payment and milestone schedules will be negotiated directly with fund recipients.
Fund recipients are expected to provide an annual report at the end of the financial year. Other reporting requirements will be negotiated directly with fund recipients.