Report any suspicions of disease immediately
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING UNUSUAL- REPORT IT!!
Report any suspicions of disease immediately. PIRSA will determine whether a significant or notifiable disease is occurring.
There is a legal requirement for anyone who suspects or diagnoses a notifiable disease to report it immediately to a vet, animal health officer or the emergency animal disease
Report serious or unusual symptoms or behaviour in your livestock to one of the following:
- Emergency Animal Disease Watch Hotline 1800 675 888.
- your private veterinarian
- nearest animal health adviser or government veterinarian officer.
EMERGENCY ANIMAL DISEASE USEFUL LINKS
- PIRSA- Reporting Animal Diseases
- Animal Health Australia EAD Training
- Emergency Animal Disease Response Agreement
- Foot and Mouth Disease (Department of Agriculture Fisheries and Forestry)
- Lumpy Skin Disease (Department of Agriculture Fisheries and Forestry)
- FMD/LSD: Four ways to protect your livestock and livelihood (Meat and Livestock Australia)
- Purchase Emergency Animal Disease Gate Signs- Animal Health Australia
Factsheets & Downloads
EMERGENCY ANIMAL DISEASE RESOURCES
- National Livestock Standstill Factsheet
- Lumpy Skin Disease Vaccine Factsheet
- Foot and Mouth Disease Fact Sheet for Travellers
- Foot and Mouth Disease Fact Sheet for Industry
- Cattle Council Australia Decision Making Schematic for FMD Management
- Animal Health Australia Biosecurity Planning
- Gate Sign- Animal Health Australia
- What to expect in an Emergency Animal Disease
- Reporting an Emergency Animal Disease